Child Safe Standards
Dear parents/guardians and the wider school community,
In light of the Victorian government’s introduction of the 7 Child Safe Standards, we at Sts Anargiri Greek Language School would like to inform our school community that the Board of Management, leadership and staff are fully committed and supportive of implementing these standards in our school. It is our aim that we create a school community in which all children under our care are safe. The following are links to our school policies:
THE 7 CHILD SAFE STANDARDS
To create and maintain a child safe organisation, we will at Sts Anargiri Greek Language Centre apply the following standards in our teaching and learning practices and our general practice as an education provider with children in our care
- strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety, including through effective leadership arrangements
- a child safe policy or statement of commitment to child safety
- a code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children
- screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel
- processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse
- strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse
- strategies to promote the participation and empowerment of children.
STS ANARGIRI GREEK LANGUAGE CENTRE COMMITMENT STATEMENT
At Sts. Anargiri Greek Language Centre we are committed to providing every child in our care an environment in which they feel WELCOME AND SAFE. We aim to achieve this through:
- Promoting respect and having a zero tolerance to bullying
- Creating an inclusive and welcoming teaching and learning environment
- Promoting a zero tolerance for child abuse
- Actively working towards listening to and empowering children
- Implementing systems to protect children from abuse, and taking all allegations and concerns very seriously and responding to them consistently in line with the organisation’s policies and procedure
- Making a commitment to promoting cultural safety for Aboriginal children, cultural safety for children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability
- Committing to embedding within the school a culture of respect, inclusion and empowerment of all stakeholders
- Creating a learning environment in which children of all levels of ability can achieve their best.
The leadership group, staff, volunteers and the wider school community is called to commit to this statement and any policy and procedures established by the organisation which aim to protect the safety of children under our care.
If you would like any further information in regards to the Child Safety Standards as they apply to our Language Centre please speak to a member of the leadership team (Eleni Stefanidou, Kosta Pataridis or Georgia Kokkoti) or alternatively contact them via the following means:
EStefanidou@stsanargiriglc.vic.edu.au or 0405 163 578
KPataridis@stsanargiriglc.vic.edu.au or 0433 188 992
GKokkoti@stsanargiriglc.vic.edu.au or 0498 724 366
If a member of the school community believes a child is at immediate risk of abuse they are to contact the leadership team and collectively make the following call:
- During office hours contact CHILD FIRST 1300 762 125 (Eastern Metropolitan) for well- being/neglect issues
- Contact CHILD PROTECTION 1300 360 391 for a child in danger of abuse or significant harm Child First/Child Protection will contact police if required.
- Refer to the step by step to making a report to Chid Protection and/or Child First
- Refer to the Contact Numbers sheet for more detail
If you believe a child is at immediate risk of abuse phone 000.
On behalf of the Board of Management and the leadership team